The expression of pure aspirations provides support during challenging times and generates infinite benefit. This time, we are happy for the opportunity to practice in the presence of Gendun Rinchen and the monastic sangha of Le Bost monastery and Laussedat nunnery as well as all the community.
Next year, we hope the Kagyu Monlams can take place again in the presence of Karmapa in Bodhgaya, India, where many of us will attend. In future, we will continue to perform Kagyu Monlams in Le Bost and broadcast the Kagyu Monlams from Kundreul Ling for all the practitioners in Europe who cannot travel to Asia.
For this year’s event, we will do everything we can to welcome as many of you as possible, even if that implies reducing the comfort and conditions for accomodation. Accommodations for events of this size is part of our future projects and developments of Kundreul Ling.
We will broadcast the event online via our YouTube channel for those who are unable to attend in person.
We are very happy to invite you to come to the Karmapa’s Temple, in Le Bost, to share this opportunity to connect with the deep aspirations of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. We hope conditions will allow all who would like to attend, to join us, so that we can unite and dedicate our wishes for the benefit and happiness of all beings.
The Congregation and Community of Dhagpo Kundreul Ling
Generally speaking, and more particularly still in our own day and age, the practice of aspiration prayers is essential for achieving liberation and peace. Aspiration prayers are a simple means – they do not require any kind of strenuous effort, yet bear immeasurable fruit. They can be accumulated by any and all of us, with immense benefits.
Thaye Dorje, His Holiness the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa
Karmapa: about the French edition of Kagyu Monlams Prayers
New Delhi, November 20th, 2015
Registration is required in order to participate in this event – even for those only interested in accessing the temple. To help us with the coordination of this event, please register as soon as possible. Carefully read the information below before registering.
This event is free. We invite you to the entire the event: entrance to the temple, accommodation in Kundreul Ling and all meals, within the limit of available space.
Accommodation in Kundreul Ling
Accommodation in Kundreul Ling will be offered with limited available space.
To accommodate as many people as possible, there will be two people per room and provisional dormitories will be created in various places in Kundreul Ling. In the case of a disability (medical device), making it difficult to share a room, please contact the main office of Kundreul Ling. A structure to accommodate more people will also be rented for the event- a 5-minute drive from Kundreul Ling.
- Reservations for accommodation are online via the registration form.
- In case we do not have enough space, people participating in the entire event will have priority.
- We will be at the maximum of our welcoming capacity. We can only offer basic comfort in shared spaces.
- Kundreul Ling will not provide what is necessary to sleep. If possible, please bring your bed linen and pillow.
- Breakfast will be at the place of accommodation.
Remember to bring:
- Sheets and pillowcase
- Sleeping bag and/or blanket
- Flashlight for nighttime
- Warm clothes: we are at 700m high and temperatures may become low
Accommodations outside of Kundreul Ling
Please register for meals; we have a limited capacity for number of meals served. Lunch will be offered to all registrants, including those who do not have accommodations at Kundreul Ling; limited to 300 people. Dinner will be offered only to people with accommodations on-site.
Meals will be shared under a heated tent and are vegetarian.
About Kagyu Monlams
Schedule of the event:
- Morning: 8AM to 12.30AM
- Afternoon : 2.30PM to 6.30PM (estimated ending)
There will be one break in the morning and one in the afternoon.
The entire practice sessions will be broadcasted live on our YouTube channel.
Texts to bring
« The Kagyu Monlam Prayers » textbook
Shri Diwakar Publications 2016 – Kalimpong
More Kagyu Monlam prayer books on kagyumonlamchenmo.org .
Covid protection – conditions to access the temple and the meal tent
Together, let’s try to make this event safe.
- On the day of your arrival, access to the temple and meals will be authorized, if you have a negative PCR test or antigen test taken within 72 hours or an auto-test taken on-site and given by Kundreul Ling.
- This test must be taken whether you are vaccinated or not.
- After two days, and every two days, auto-tests are required. Results will be visible after 15 minutes. Auto-tests will be offered by Kundreul Ling and will take place in a dedicated tent, in the presence of health care professionals. Therefore, you will have to be tested 3 or 4 times during the week.
- A colored bracelet will be given to you every two days; it will guarantee access to the temple and the meal tent for 48 hours.
Clean your hands at the entrance with hydroalcolic gel which will be available for you.
Wear your mask correctly (covering nose and mouth) if you are in the temple.